Wednesday, April 30, 2014

April 30, 2014 - Is it ok to see/date/go out with/fuck a friends ex?



Before we get started this evening I would just like to say two things.  First be sure to check out the "Extras" page tomorrow for the beginning of our new features.  Follow along with the ongoing story of "Tenants" and the reality story "Transitions".  Second I would like to urge everyone to please be open to learning something from everyone.  This week my 22 year old daughter said something to me that really touched me and made me think.  After pondering what she said I believe her words have put me on track to being a better person.  I really appreciate her for that so I would like to say thank you Taylor Goodwin.  I love you!! 


 Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

Is it ok to see/date/go out with/fuck a friends ex?  When I say ex I mean ex girlfriend/boyfriend, fuck buddy, husband/wife etc.  I hear a lot of women say that because a guy has, in some way; been involved with one of her girlfriends she would not entertain the thought of dealing with them.  Where as guys are a little more liberal with this.  If their friend has no issues with them dealing with their ex it is normally not a problem. 

So what say you?  Getting involved with a friends ex, yea or nah?

11 comments:

  1. I say nah. I guess it's a matter of respect. I don't think that I would like it if my friend did that to me so I definitely would not do it to her. It just makes for an awkward situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe a lot more women than men feel that way. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  2. It really all depends. I'm actually dealing with a similar situation...where I met a guy, went on a couple dates, only to find out that he use to date my cousin for a few years. He thought I would immediately stop dating him because he previously dated my cousin, but that was not my immediate thought. I was more concerned on whether their dealings were totally done...and if there were any feelings still lingering on either side. Once that was established...I didn't see a problem with continuing to date him. Would be different for me if this was my sister or one of my best girlfriends, or even a close cousin...and I think it matters more if I knew him as a result of the previous relationship w/cousin, sister, friend, etc. Now if I knew him while and as a result of him dating my girlfriend, I would be extremely hesitant to get involved with him...and would probably pass on doing so. Now, if my girlfriend is open to the idea...thinks we'd be good together, etc....then that's another story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So CuriousGal, are you still seeing him? How did that all work out?

      Delete
  3. Well, I talked to my cousin about it...and although they still keep in touch, they haven't had any dealings relationship-wise in a few years. She was fine with it...so still dating. This isn't a cousin that I see a lot of, but we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I hope things continue to work out for you. Thanks for your words CuriousGal.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At one time in my life I would have said no without hesitation...but...sometimes you just have a connection with someone that can't be explained. I'm not saying that it's right or wrong; I'm saying that it depends on the individual situation and the circumstances that were involved in their relationship and the current status of the friendship (e.g. is this a current friendship or a past friendship). I agree that there has to be a level of respect, but you never know...the ex may not have been right for your friend...but could be the one for you. Proceed with caution and act as responsible adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would understand the hesitation but I really don't think it would be an issue with me. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete
  6. Ok here goes....Now as a grown woman no! I would never date or mess with a friends ex. Out of respect to our friendship and for myself no. There are just lines that shouldnt be crossed. However when i was younger I did date a friends ex (more like an acquaintance) and as of today we are still married. But bottom line no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol... I don't think it should be an issue if the friends are OK with the situation. Thanks for your words.

      Delete