Wednesday, December 17, 2014

December 17, 2014 - Interracial dating...Are you or would you be down with the swirl?

       Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

       Hello, this evening we are going to discuss a topic suggested by one of you (thank you proudofyou).  And that topic is interracial dating or... Are you or would you be down with the swirl?

       I remember having a conversation with friend back when I was in college; that was back in my militant days lol.  I was young, dumb and naive to the world (like I'm so mature and cultured now...NOT lol).  I remember thinking and probably saying that I could never see myself dating or marrying a white woman.  But since then I have come to believe that it does not matter if the woman is black, white, yellow, brown or yada yada yada.  It's the person that matters.  I know it sounds corny but it's true.  Now I do believe I would most likely have more in common with a black woman but that does not mean that she would be better for me.

       Today I would never say that I HAVE to be with a black women.  I am open to dating all races.  I do love my black women BUT I also love ALL WOMEN!
     
       So what say you?  Interracial dating...Are you or would you be down with the swirl?

2 comments:

  1. I have been approached by white men, and although I may have found a couple of them attractive...I was not attracted to them. There is a difference. I love my black men, but as I get older I think that I would be open to it. When the white men in my building flirt, maybe I'll start flirting back lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe it is something some are not open to and that's fine, to each his or her own. I also believe a lot of people worry about what others will say. Give it a shot, what could it hurt... Thanks for your words saltandpepperlove.

    ReplyDelete