Wednesday, March 18, 2015

March 18, 2015 - A dream deferred

       Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

A Dream Deferred

by Langston Hughes

What happens to a dream deferred?

Does it dry up
like a raisin in the sun?
Or fester like a sore--
And then run?
Does it stink like rotten meat?
Or crust and sugar over--
like a syrupy sweet?

Maybe it just sags
like a heavy load.

Or does it explode?

       Sometimes it feels like the dreams I have feels like they are drifting away.  Feels like everything I want is so so far away.  When those days happen I dig in and try harder and do what needs to be done!
I stay to myself, shut everyone out and talk to myself and God.

       When things get rough and you feel like giving up what do you do?

2 comments:

  1. I pray, pray, and pray some more. I talk to God every day throughout the day, but when things are rough I ask God for clarity and just trust Him. Some times just hearing the voice of a friend encourages me. I may not even tell them that I'm in that space. The time and laughter with them is helping and they don't even know the difference they're making. Lastly...my children. A hug from my daughters, a silly moment with them (and we have lots of those lol), or one of them rubbing my hair can give me everything I need to persevere and make it another day. Just love...in whatever way it manifests.

    ReplyDelete