Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Sound off!!! - June 17, 2015

   Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

        If you don't know now you know....:

Life's poem and the Sex Pages

The Sex Pages II: Sexual Eruption   


       That's all I can stand I can't stands no more!!!!  Why is all this dumb shit taking up the news?  Bruce Jenner transforming to Caitlyn.  That's not courage!  If you want to talk about courage and whatever he is, how about the gay guy/girl that walks the streets of the intercity where gay bashing is an every day occurrence??  And now there is transracial??  What the fuck?   Rachel Dolezal lies about being black because she wanted to be black, because she identifies with being black and that's all that's on the news.  I'm sure we see white girls everyday that hang out with, act like, look like, and sound like black women.  So why is this a big deal?  And could someone tell me how the hell this came to light in the first place.

       Ok, I'm done.  Thanks for listening. 

2 comments:

  1. Please!!! The news has been reporting and making a big deal out of stuff for a looooong time.

    As far as Bruce Jenner/Caitlyn...it does take courage to do what he/she is doing, but anytime a celebrity is involved it's gonna be blown up by the media. Especially when you are part of a family that is full of media whores. Personally, I am proud that after 65 years of misery, he is finally living the life that he wants to live. His kids are grown, so let him live.

    Rachel... I have mixed feelings about her. I am not mad that she identifies with being black. Like you said, I grew up with people who were white and Hispanic that lived in predominantly black neighborhoods and went to predominantly black schools their whole life. They weren't trying to be black, it was just all that they knew. My issue with her was that she lied and said that se was black. You can be white and support the NAACP. You can be white and feel like you identify with and feel more comfortable with black culture or people, but don't lie about it. I think the fact that he lied and said that she was black is why the media is blowing it up. I haven't really been following the story that much because I'm tired of hearing about it too, but I think she was asked in an interview if a picture of a black man was her father, and she said yes. Her parents saw the interview and exposed her.

    I'm not surprised by any of this. The media has and will continue to blow things up and run them in the ground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Msheadliner the Bruce Jenner thing is killing me. To me courage to me would have been him making the change when he was relavent. When he had an audience that would have and could have benefited from his courage. Now it looks like (to me) he just wants some attention.

      As for the fake black woman I agree, why lie. And you are right this what the media does smdh.

      Thanks for your words Msheadliner.

      Delete