Wednesday, October 21, 2015

October 21, 2015 - Why Do Men/Women Cheat?

  Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..
       
       If you don't know now you know....:

Life's poem and the Sex Pages

The Sex Pages II: Sexual Eruption   


       Why do men and women cheat?  Do they do it for the same reason or do they have totally different reasons for stepping out?

       While in college I took a logic class and by using a Venn diagram we were taught that in most cases you can not say all or none.  So when I give my reasons please remember I am not saying all or none.

       In my opinion I think men cheat for the physical aspect.  They want or are seeking sex outside of their relationship because they are not getting sex or they are not getting what they want from the sex.  Woman I believe cheat for a totally different reason.  I believe their reason for cheating is because the emotional part of the relationship is missing at home.  Now like I said before, none of this is just that cut and dry but for the most part this is what I believe.

       So what say you......Why do men and women cheat?

5 comments:

  1. Both cheat for different reasons, true, however men are more prone than women. Of course, everyone is different so its not all, but since sex can be emotional for some women, we aren't so quick to go there. Some are pressured to be in a relationship, from external factors, and this results in the temptation to cheat. If you aren't in a relationship, you aren't cheating! Be single if u want to explore options or come to an agreement that works for both I.e open relationship, swingers club, 3 some...ppl get used to each other and things can change sexually, so u have to be honest and creative with your sex life. #jmo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Nay, I don't think men are more prone to cheat than women are. But I do believe they cheat for different reasons. And I agree that for most women sex is emotional..... Thanks for your words

      Delete
  2. I think it goes both ways, meaning men cheat for emotional reasons as well and women also cheat for the physical aspect. I agree with Nay in that if you know you have a tendency to want to explore, be single! It isn't fair to the person that you're in a relationship with. Let them find someone that wants what they want...a faithful partner. If you like the aspects of a relationship, but like to get into other things from time to time...be honest and seek those that are open to open relationships. You'd be surprised at how many people are actually open to that. If you know monogamy isn't for you, don't waste the time of someone that is seeking it.

    Now all that being said, we could break it down further by asking, what constitutes as cheating. For some, it's not just sex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with the both of you. If you have the tendency to want to explore you need not be in a relationship. But sometime we get in relationships and things fall apart, no matter who's the blame. Thanks for your words Justmeandyou.

      Delete
    2. I agree, BUT (lol) falling apart doesn't justify cheating. If things have fallen apart and are not worth putting back together, cut ties and then seek what you are looking for. Now, if you determine that what you have is worth rebuilding...bringing other d*ck/p*ssy into the picture is only going to complicate things or ruin your efforts. We are not perfect and all make mistakes, but part of growing and maturing is to not make the same mistakes twice and to make smarter/better choices which includes not getting or staying in relationships when we know early in the game that it's going to be doomed. Sometimes we set ourselves up for failure.

      Delete