Wednesday, September 24, 2014

September 24, 2014 - Could you be in an open relationship?

       Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..


       Open relationship:  An interpersonal relationship in which the parties are together but agree to a form of non-monogamous commitment.  Meaning that the two parties agree to have intimate sexual relationships with others…..  That is just one man’s definition of an open relationship.  No matter how you/they/anyone explains it; it means a couple that is committed to each other but agrees to be able to have sex with someone other than their mate.  Now in every situation it might be a little different, some rules are in place.  But all in all that's what it means. 
       
       So now I ask you.  Could you be in an open relationship?  Do you think an open relationship could be a good or bad thing?

       As for me……This may shock some that THINK they know me.  The ones that REALLY know me won’t be surprised….  As for me I could not do an open relationship.  If I decide to be in a relationship with someone I want that someone and that someone only.  I’m a pretty loyal person.  When my feelings are in it I’m all in.  In for a penny, in for a pound!    I do think it could be a good thing for those that can do it.  Too each his/her own.  Those thinking about doing it, understand that It’s not all peaches and cream!  It takes a special kind of person to be able to handle that relationship.  Don’t just look at it as a way to be able fuck a bunch of different people.  It’s much MUCH more than that. 

8 comments:

  1. twoscompanyanythingelseisacrowd :-)September 24, 2014 at 10:18 PM

    "Non-monogamous commitment" is an oxymoron to me...one contradicts the other. If you want to be with other people sexually...don't commit to someone and call what you have a committed relationship. That's just my opinion, and I wouldn't judge anyone in this type of relationship. What doesn't work for some works for others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear ya!! Many people feel the way you do twoscompanyanythingelseisacrowd (love the name lol) but for some it works. No judgment here, you gotta do what works for you. Thanks for your words.

      Delete
  2. Personally I would never agree to an open relationship. When I am in a relationship it has to be exclusive. It is hard enough trying to maintain a relationship with one person much less adding others to the equation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MsDee I sooooo agree about maintaining a relationship. I also agree about the not agreeing to a open relationship. But like I always say, to each his/her own. If it make them happy, I'm happy for them. For some it works so more power to them. Thanks for your words MsDee.

      Delete
  3. I personally wouldn't have an open relationship. I still believe in a monogamous relationship. When I am in a relationship with you, it's only with you. I give 100% of me and hopefully get the same back. But if it works for you than by all means go for it. As for me.... I prefer a one on one commitment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous, I too believe in and prefer monogamy. It’s what I prefer when in a relationship. Thanks for your words.

      Delete
  4. If a person wants to date other people why bother with the relationship in the first place. If you're not committed, you're free to do whatever you want

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anonymous (I’m playing devils advocate), some like the everyday life with a spouse, someone they love, and the ability to be able to have sex/play with others. It adds excitement to the marriage. IJS…. Thanks for your words.

      Delete