Wednesday, October 15, 2014

October 15, 2014 - Do you think a cheater can change?

       Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

        Today I had a conversation with some co-workers and the subject of “If cheaters can change” came up.  The conversation was between a few men and woman and as you would expect the views on the subject differed.

       In my opinion I believe a cheater can change.  I believe if he/she wants to that change can be made.  If the person he/she cheated on will give them the chance to make things right is a different story. Something else that was brought up is what if the cheater cheats over and over again should they be given another and another and another chance.  Well?…then that person wants to be a cheater, nothing anyone can do about that.

       So I’ll ask you… Do you think a cheater can change?  If your mate cheated on you what would you do?  And to make it real interesting; if you cheated on your significant other would you come clean and tell them?

5 comments:

  1. ubettacalltyrone :-)October 15, 2014 at 10:53 PM

    My comment is going to contradict itself...yes I believe that some cheaters can change; however, if someone cheated on me I wouldn't stick around to find out. That person may never cheat again, but I would lose all trust in them and a relationship without trust is doomed to fail anyway.

    If my mate cheated on me, he would not be my mate anymore. I have never cheated on someone, so I honestly don't know if I would tell my mate or not.

    Another thing that you have to consider is what exactly someone considers cheating. For some, cheating is only physical/sex. Where for others it may be your mate having an emotional connection with someone else. Some people are more hurt by the emotional cheating than the physical and will stay with the cheating spouse if the cheating was only physical. It's all in your perception and what you will tolerate/accept.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well ubettacalltyrone, I agree with most of what you said. I do believe they can change and I'm really not sure if I would take them back. I guess it would all depend on who they cheated with. I believe that would play a big part in the entire situation. Thanks for your words.

      Delete
  2. I believe that cheaters can change their ways. That is if he/she wants to reform. I am not a cheater but if there were a time that I would cheat it would definitely go to my grave...I am not telling a soul ubless I got caught. In that case I have no choice but to come clean.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MsDee I hear you about taking it to the grave lol. And I agree I believe change is possible IF they really want to. Thanks for your words.

      Delete
  3. Hell no. They will stop when their luck runs out.

    ReplyDelete