Wednesday, October 8, 2014

October 8, 2014 - Weight gain

        Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..
        

       You and your mate meet and the relationship grows; you have many things in common.  One of the things is an enjoyment for working-out; you both take pretty good care of yourself.  At some point your mate seems less interested in working-out and healthy living and their weight starts to grow.   After about two years you are no longer physically attracted to your mate do to their weight gain….what would you do? 

       Would you/could you continue in your relationship if your mate gained a lot of weight and you were no longer physically attracted to them? 

5 comments:

  1. I would have a heart to heart with my mate. I would let him know that because I love him I want to grow old with him and in order to do that he needs to be healthy. Hopefully he would get the picture and would change eating habits and would incorporate some exercise into his daily regimen. I would think that he would get on the right track and live a healthy life along with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good MsDee...BUT.....what if he did not get on track? What if the attraction was not there? Then what? IJS lol, thanks for your words MsDee.

      Delete
  2. I would still stay with him...I would not leave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dofriescomewiththatshake :)October 9, 2014 at 8:47 PM

    If I truly loved him, then no I wouldn't leave. If I did, I would be a hypocrite. I am currently the heaviest that I have ever been in my life (with the exception of pregnancy). I am not lazy, and my eating habits are not unhealthy. I love to run, but my work schedule has increased and doesn't leave me much time to work out. I also have had an extreme decrease in energy that I believe could be due to an underlying health issue that runs in my family. Sooooooo...if my mate had valid factors that played a part in his weight gain, I would be understanding but still express my concerns. His health would be my main concern. Now if he was just lazy and siting around stuffing Doritos down his throat I would have to exercise some tough love and tell him "I love you babe, but you need to get up off of your ass and put the Doritos down!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think everyone thinks the same way. If their partner was just lazy it would be a problem but an condition would be another story. Thanks for your words dofriescomewiththatshake.

      Delete