Wednesday, February 4, 2015

February 4, 2015 - Regrets

       Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..


This is the number one rule for your set
In order to survive, gotta learn to live with regrets
On the, rise to the top, many drop, don't forget
In order to survive, gotta learn to live with regrets
This is the number one rule for your set
In order to survive, gotta learn to live with regrets
And through our travels we get separated, never forget
In order to survive, gotta learn to live with regrets
                                                      Regrets - Jay Z

    
       In my life I try to live my life out loud.  To the best of my ability I think...then decide.  Just like everyone I make mistake but most of the time I chalk it up to just that; a mistake.  There are only a few times I've done things that I later regret.  The one that stands out the most is making the decision not to go away to attend college. 
 
       I used to visit my buddy when he went to Johnson C. Smith and I admired him for living that campus life.  I knew others that went to Bowie, Howard, Hampton and Towson just to name a few and always thought the campus life was the way to go when I was younger.  But it never happened, so....such is life.

       No regrets is how I TRY to live my life; for the most part I’ve succeeded.  How about you?  Do you have many regrets in your life?

4 comments:

  1. No regrets. We learn from everything we do good or bad. I stand by my decisions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We live we learn Taylor, I do agree with that. Thanks for your words Ms. Love.

      Delete
  2. There are three major choices that I made in life that I wish I hadn't made, but I try to look at them as lessons learned as opposed to regrets. I must admit that although I should have chosen differently, I have become stronger and more resilient as a result. Believe it or not, one of my poor choices actually strengthened a friendship (imo). We are all going to make mistakes, but what's important is that we learn from them and grow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all make poor choices and most of my problem I can point to the mistakes I've made. But all in all I don't regret much. Thanks for your words Lessonslearned.

      Delete