Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July 2, 2014 - Going out with friends of the opposite sex

       Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

       Before we get started I just want to say we lost another great one recently.  Mr. Bobby Womack, rest in peace.

You're pushing my love
A little bit too far
I don't think you know
I don't think you know
How blessed you are

And your friend, Annie Mae
Tell you all she see
Have you ever thought
She was trying to get
Close to me, yeah

Think it over
Think it over, girl
Think it over

Look
That's the way I feel about cha
That's the way I feel about cha

That's the Way I feel About Cha - Bobby Womack

       Now lets continue....

       Its been a long week and you are beat down. Friday is finally here and all you want to do it sit back, relax with a drink and watch TV until you pass out. Your partner wants to go out; nothing fancy maybe just dinner and a few drinks but you just don't feel up to it. Your partner asked if it would be alright for him/her to go out with a friend and you have no problems with this since you won't have to be the one going. An hour later there's a knock at the door, your partner's friend is there to pick them up. You answer the door and standing there is the best looking man/woman (opposite sex of your mate) you have ever seen in your life!!! What do you say?  What do you do?  Do you do anything?

12 comments:

  1. weapackagedeal :-)July 2, 2014 at 10:02 PM

    I say, "I'm sorry, you must have the wrong address. There is no (partner's name) here." lol!!! Seriously...if this is a friend that I have never heard of before...it may be a problem. If you felt comfortable enough to have this person come to your/our home, then this is not some casual friend or acquaintance...this is someone that you have known for some time or know well. If this is a friend that I have heard about and know about, I would probably be taken aback a little, but if I trust my partner and my partner has been upfront about the friendship I would be cool. I would invite her in and say to the both of them "So...where are WE going?" Hahahahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...weapackagedeal you're funny, but I feel you. I would not go as far as to say where WE going but it would be something to make me think. Trust is a big dealin any rrelationship so I would trust my mate a happily send them on their way.....well maybe not happily lol. And next Friday I would make sure I'm able to go out with my mate! lol. Thanks for your words Weapackagedeal.

      Delete
  2. I wish a n$&&a would show up at my door to take my lady out..shiiiiiiit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LMMAO!!!! It's just a friend and you didn't want to go, so.... But I soooo feel where you're coming from lol

      Delete
    2. weapackagedeal :-)July 2, 2014 at 10:20 PM

      Well then you need to establish who the friend is before they ring the doorbell. When the partner first says "a friend", the first question should be "Who?" or "Which friend?". I answered based on your question Big Head lol!! In reality, based on my line of questioning...the doorbell ring may not have even come lmao!!!

      Delete
    3. It really would not matter. Male, female if the trust is there a friend is a friend.

      Delete
  3. weapackagedeal :-)July 2, 2014 at 10:34 PM

    All jokes aside, I don't think that asking who the partner is going out with is an issue of trust. Male or female, I would ask who just as a general question not due to lack of trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know a bamma in this world that would REALLY be cool with that.. much as people would try to front

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. weapackagedeal :-)July 2, 2014 at 10:41 PM

      Nolan, I see exactly what you mean. It's one thing to answer a question about what you think you would do and what you would actually do when and if that doorbell rings.

      Delete
    2. Nolan I agree, I think it would be a hard pill to swollow for most men. lol

      Delete
  5. Oh he has friends outside of me? Ok um....I don't think so! LOL! No seriously if someone else comes to my door for my dude, I trust he knows he has that PLATINUM at home. So he can go enjoy his outing with whomever she is but trust in believe boo is coming home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol...Platinum at home huh!!!! NICE, he will probably be rushing back I'm sure. Thanks for your words Jai.

      Delete