Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Monogamous: To be or not to be? - July 22, 2015

Thank you for joining me this evening.  We are here to have a little fun, share ideas and talk like adults.  The scenario that follows is not intended to resemble anyone I know.  If it does it is purely coincidental.   I hope my stories/questions are inviting enough that you will join in the conversation.  With that being said lets have fun exchanging some words…..

        If you don't know now you know....:

Life's poem and the Sex Pages

The Sex Pages II: Sexual Eruption   


       Monogamy is a form of relationship in which an individual has only one partner during his or her lifetime or at any one time, as compared to polygyny, polyandry, or polyamory. The term is also applied to the social behavior of some animals, referring to the state of having only one mate at any one time.  When it comes to animals only 3 to 5 percent of the 5,000 species of mammals bond for life meaning are monogamous.   In our society we look for people to be monogamous or at the very least serial monogamist.  In some other cultures multiple wives/husbands is considered normal, or for a lack of a better way to put it, ok.  With that being said I'd like to ask this.

       Do you think that the "Human animal" was meant to be/made to be monogamous?

        I personally don't believe that we are meant to be monogamous.  Serial monogamous maybe...MAYBE.  But monogamous, no.



As always don't forget to visit: wordswriting.com
       

8 comments:

  1. I don't believe people are made to be monogamous. Cheating can be done emotionally, not just physically, and the betrayal will still cause pain. Monogamy is like chivalry... A lost art

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lost art, good one lol. I don't even think about it in terms of cheating I just don't think we were meant to be monogamous. Now with society we do it but I think it goes against the nature of the "animal" that we are. Thanks for your words Benay.

      Delete
  2. I don't believe that we are "made" to be monogamous. That being said, I believe that it's possible but rare. Me personally, I fall into the serial monogamist category. When it comes down to it, be honest with people and yourself about what and who you are. If monogamy or even serial monogamy is not for you...be honest and don't make people believe that you are committed to being with only them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of us fall into the serial monogamous category. I'm not saying that its not possible, there are people that marry and live happily ever after. I just don't believe that is the way we are suppose to be. Thanks for your words Oneatatime.

      Delete
  3. I believe that we were created to be monogamous but because temptation is "real" and the "thirst" is real, it is hard to be so. I personally believe in monogamy. When you start adding others to the equation many problems arise. For example, just this past week when the side chick kidnapped the wife and killed the wife and herself. I believe in the cliché "For every action there is a reaction".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand temptation and thirst but... I just dont believe monogamy is natural for the human animal.Thanks fifor your words MsDee.

      Delete
  4. I most assuredly do believe in monogamy. Let's look at three scopes of monogamy. Sexual monogamy- having sex exclusively together, between two people. Martial monogamy- married only once. Social monogamy- cohabitation between two people. OK, my husband and I have been together for 28 years, exclusive. Married only to each other, no divorce. And, we are each other's first full sexual encounter. Now, this takes work. The human body is greedy and it desires passionate pleasure. The mind likes to win so the conquest is a drug. We keep it new and every now and again I make him fight for it and earn it. Above All things Love is hot !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I most assuredly do believe in monogamy. Let's look at three scopes of monogamy. Sexual monogamy- having sex exclusively together, between two people. Martial monogamy- married only once. Social monogamy- cohabitation between two people. OK, my husband and I have been together for 28 years, exclusive. Married only to each other, no divorce. And, we are each other's first full sexual encounter. Now, this takes work. The human body is greedy and it desires passionate pleasure. The mind likes to win so the conquest is a drug. We keep it new and every now and again I make him fight for it and earn it. Above All things Love is hot !

    ReplyDelete